Sunday 7 January 2018

Beauty & The Beast - Panto Style!

As one of my Christmas presents, We had tickets to go and see Beauty and The Beast in pantomime! Ian had chosen this show at the De Montfort Hall in Leicester. Even though we live an hour away, I was born in Leicester so it was fab to be going 'home' to see the show!

                                      This picture is taken from De Montfort Hall's website.

The parking was brilliant it was directly opposite the hall which cost us £3. We crossed the path and strolled into the venue. After a quick bag check - (Security was brilliant) we got our programme, drinks and snacks and went up the stairs to find out seats - which was very easily labeled and the assistants at the hall were very helpful.


Ian had picked the seats C50 and C51 we were on a higher tier (Circle) and was dead centre of the stage, It was a brilliant view! I was so happy with where we were sat.


It's become our tradition that whilst waiting for the show to start we take a selfie for the memories 😊

I am a massive Beauty and the Beast fan but the fact Leicester's own Sam Bailey was starring in the show made it even better! I'd watched and rooted for her for the whole of the series when she was on the X Factor  so I fangirled abit ..okay a lot when she started singing! Sam was absolutely amazing! That lady was born to sing! I was worried she wouldn't be in the show due to the news that she'd fallen off a ladder and had a bang to the head! Luckily she was back! and even made a joke or two about it on stage!


Sam played the 'Enchantress' who set the spell upon the Prince. She can be seen in the above picture on the left.

It wasn't just Sam that was amazing in the show last night. All the cast were brilliant! If I'm completely honest growing up (and I'm only 24 so I was around when it was on telly) but I wasn't the biggest fan of Dick & Dom in the bungalow. However I have to say that Richard McCourt -Dick  was absolutely brilliant! He was so funny, mixed well with the children in the crowd and had a laugh with the adults! He was so full of energy and a great laugh! - They surprised the audience -don't worry I can't ruin it for anyone else because it's the last show today and this will be posted after the shows finished. They surprised us by Soaking us with water blasters, it was SO funny. Us ladies had put our best clothes on, spent time on our hair and make up and these guys soaked us! and I mean we got really wet! It was so much fun!


Dick paired with BBC Radio Leicester's Martin Ballard -who played 'Dame Kimmy' was a genius idea! They were fantastic! So funny! and I personally think 'Dame Kimmy' was based on Vicky pollard -definitely on dress sense anyway! -See Above haha!

Another Brilliant part of the show was Daniel Tawse who played 'Eugene'. He was so brilliant! He got the crowd 'booing' him and shouting the panto classic 'oh no he didn't, oh no you're not'. He played a character alike to Gaston in the disney's version but Eugene in Leicester's version. Brilliant actor and played his character with such comedy and wit, it was perfect.


To finish some of the cast is Sarah Accomando who played 'Belle' she made a lovely Belle and has a beautiful voice! Karl Loxley who played The Beast/Prince was also really good, having to wear that hot costume/mask for the majority of the show can't be the best thing but it was played lovely.




I wanted to finish by saying overall how brilliant it was! From the dancers, singing and costumes, they were all fantastic!  It was my first show I'd seen at De Montfort but I would definitely go back!




Let me know any shows/pantomimes You have seen!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig